The purpose of this advanced Level II course is to provide delegates with the necessary skills to assess the quality and conformance of hot dip galvanized coatings and Duplex Systems to applicable specifications. The delegate will be introduced to other metallic type coating specifications and their appropriate applications for corrosion control design. Interpretation of the specifications will be examined as well as the application of procedure for determining coating thickness, visual inspection requirements of surface finishes and the application of coatings for corrosion control of carbon steel components. The course includes a visit to a hot dip galvanizing plant where delegates will have an opportunity to examine quality standards first hand.
Course delegates will be required to undergo a three part exam as well as the submission of an inspection report. Part one will be a multiple choice closed book exam. Parts two and three are open book exams. Part three will be vital in attaining HDGASA recognition as a certified inspector. Part three must be passed with a mark of 80% or greater to ensure registration as an inspector.
Following full attendance of the course, completion of all three exam papers and the inspection report, a certificate will be issued to delegates that exceed the pass mark of 50%.
Three Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Points are awarded for delegates that attend the course. Delegates wishing to receive CPD credits are asked to inform the Association at time of booking. This allows us to submit on behalf of candidates at course conclusion.
Bookings are limited (maximum 10 people) and will be treated on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please note that in order for the course to be viable we require 6 or more candidates to attend. Arrangements can also be made for the course to be held on your premises for more than 6 candidates.
- Day One (08h00 to 16h00)
- Introduction to the Environment, Steel types & Corrosion
- Understanding Zinc Coatings (How does Zinc Protect?); ISO 9223 & ISO 12944
- Design, Fabrication and Inspection before Hot Dip Galvanizing SANS (ISO) 14713:1999
- The General Hot Dip Galvanizing Processes
- SANS 121 (ISO 1461:2009) Batch type Galvanizing
- SANS 32 (EN10240:1997) Automatic Tube and Pipe plants
- SANS 10684 :2009 Hot Dip Galvanizing of Friction Grip Fasteners
Day Two (08h00 to 16h00)
- Duplex Coatings and Hot Dip Galvanized Reinforcement in Concrete
- Inspection after Hot Dip Galvanizing including test procedures, application of specifications and reporting.
- Quality Assurances in Coating Applications, application of Specifications and Control Documentation of a QA System
- Hot Dip Galvanizing Plant Visit followed by syndicate Inspection of finish materials wait final release.
Day Three (08h00 – 15h00)
- Syndicate Report Back and discussion,with revision and course overview.
- Three part examination on Course Effectiveness
This three day course comprising lectures on the first and second day, concluding with a plant tour and syndicate inspection. The third day comprised syndicate report back, revision and the qualifying examination.Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Comprehensive course notes can be collected from our offices two weeks before the course.
Course Cost and Payment Terms
NB: Training is on a strict COD basis only. Payment is due on or before the first day of training.
Upon receiving your form, a reservation will be made and an invoice made out to your company. A withdrawal will be accepted within 3 weeks of the course starting date. No refunds or credits will be entertained for any withdrawal at a later time. Only one postponement is allowed.